Please show your support for two proposed breastfeeding laws that are up for review in the current legislative session! Senate Bill 35 attaches penalties to violating a mother’s right to breastfeed, and Senate Bill 36 provides increased protections for Kentucky mothers to express milk in the workplace.
- Call 1-800-372-7181 to leave a message of support for all Kentucky legislators, or find phone numbers for the elected officials that represent you at www.lrc.ky.gov.
- Email BreastfeedingLINK@gmail.com with your stories of discrimination in public or difficulty in the workplace. We need these stories to educate legislators as to why these protections are needed in Kentucky.
- Like the LINK Facebook page or follow us on Twitter to get regular, real-time updates.
- Share with your social network or clients! We need Kentucky’s legislators to know that citizens want this protection!
- Subscribe to the LINK newsletter to easily receive and share calls to action through your professional network.
- Use the talking points below in discussions with your legislators, in presentations or to hand out to clients.
These two protections for Kentucky families further LINK’s mission to make breastfeeding easier for ALL Kentuckians. Please show your support by picking up the phone, sharing your stories and encouraging others to do the same.
SB 35 Talking Points (Downloadable PDF)
SB 36 Talking Points (Downloadable PDF)